Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Who has the Son?

"He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." 1 John 5:12

It's that simple. There is only one way to eternal life and that is in Christ Jesus. You can't just "be a good person" and get to heaven. You have to know Jesus as your Savior and allow Him to be Lord of your life. I know a lot of nice people who are not going to heaven if they were to die right now. I continue to do my job and tell them about Jesus, but I continue to hear things like "That may work for you, but it's not for me."

It grieves my heart when people reject Jesus. I can get over them rejecting my business plan. That's their freedom on earth they are throwing away. However, when they turn down the One who will save them for all eternity it breaks my heart. I pray for them ~ prayer is what I do best ~ but when they openly turn away I can do nothing but weep.

God is good. God is the only one who can change a person's heart. Look at the example of Pharoh with Moses: God opened his heart to let the Israelites leave Egypt. Then the Word says, "He hardened his heart..." Why does God harden a person's heart?

Where is your heart when God has called you to do things that you don't want to do? There are people right next to you every day that don't know the Son. Are you being salt and light in their eyes? Do you allow for conversation that will open the door to sharing the salvation story? Next time you are out in the world, look for the opportunity that God places before you to share the truth. Remember, He is not willing that ANY should perish.

Living in the shadow of His wing.

No comments: