Friday, August 15, 2008

Staying Out There

My business plan I was supposed to show last night cancelled at the last minute. You'd love the excuse on this one: "I found out I had two friends at church that do this and I don't know where else I would sell." She's a neighbor of a friend of mine so I don't have her direct contact information. My friend sent me an email saying she stopped by during the day and told her she didn't want to move forward. She hasn't even taken the time to see what it entails.

My friend called me last night to tell me that her friend is not really reliable anyway. I told her that would have come out if she got involved. Typing this now, my genius realizes that it came out a lot sooner. I would have loved the practice of showing the plan over the phone with the internet. It's a whole different aspect since I don't have the visual clues on people.

Tomorrow I am following up with a friend of mine from church. I took him to a meeting that Bill Hawkins did on Tuesday. Before the meeting even started Anthony commented on the great atmosphere. He's right. Everyone is there to succeed and that's the pervasive attitude throughout the convention center. I've been talking with him for about a year now. He's cancelled several times. Just after the Governator signed off on laying off hundreds of thousands of people and lowering salaries of more I think was when Anthony realized his government job wasn't so secure anymore. Now he's looking at his options.

Let's see what the future holds!

No comments: