Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Don't Have Time

How many times has somebody said this phrase to you or you have said this phrase to others? "I don't have time." If we don't know what the future holds how can we know what time we have? We don't even have a real concept of time. "But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8

A thousand years is as one day! Look at all that time. In today's age, people are living longer than they have in centuries. Noah died at over 800 years old. My grandpa died in his 60's. My grandma turns 92 this month! Yet, we don't have time for others. Soccer, baseball, football, gymnastics, softball, water polo... I have friends whose kids are involved in all kinds of activities. Yet, when a need arises outside of the busyness there is no time for it. Where are your priorities?

Time is not free, but it's the one thing that everyone has the opportunity to share. We aren't all promised the same time on earth. However, we are all promised eternity. How will you use your time here?

I'm sharing my time to help others earn more time for what is important.

No comments: