Thursday, July 3, 2008

Truth

"For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." John 18:37

Jesus said those words to Pilate just before His crucifixion. Many people quote the phrase "the truth shall set you free." However, they leave out the first part of the statement and that is "know the truth." In America today there are people who have made it their mission for the spreading of truth to be stomped out. Tolerance is shouted from coast to coast. Yet, God's Word is intolerant. Intolerant of sin. All sin. God is Love. Jesus is Truth. The Holy Spirit guides us in Love and Truth. If you don't know Jesus, you don't know Truth and you can never bee free until you do. Make that choice today.

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32

I am resting in Truth today.

No comments: