Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stayin Awake

I had a friend years ago who said if he awoke at times such as 2:02AM, 3:03AM, etc that God was telling him to specifically pray for people. I told him that when I awake at any time during the night I would go to God in prayer. My first response is to praise Him for giving me a place to sleep other than the street. After that praise time I would allow for the possibility that He had more for me so I would stop to listen to Him. He would always place something in my heart. Sometimes it was to pray for somebody else, sometimes it was to pray for my needs and sometimes it was for me to just rest in knowing who I am in Him.

What is your first thought when you awaken? Psalm 4:8 says "I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." If the Lord awakens you during the night seek what He has for you in those precious moments.

Resting in the knowledge of the Holy.

No comments: