Friday, June 27, 2008

And I will Give you Rest

Today the verse "come to Me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest for your souls" seems to be the appropriate verse on which I should reflect. I consider myself a doer. I have difficulty allowing others to do things for me ~ even when what I'm doing is clearly beyond my own limitations. There are many reasons for this that I won't go into here. Those who know me well can surmise for yourselves. God gives me many opportunities to share my life with others. I feel strongly about it being necessary to put myself out there to help in any way I can.

During this season of having had major surgery and not being able to do much I am now realizing it is a forced rest. I believe fully in God's timing for my life. So much so that even tho' I'd been having pain and struggles for months before finally having surgery I knew that whatever happened would be in God's hands. I am now realizing this time of rest was a plan for God to prepare me for what's coming next. Granted I don't know what's coming next, but I just recognized that when God has something big for me to accomplish that He's always given me a rest beforehand. (Picture me being thwacked on the back of the head with the "duh" look on my face.)

What are you doing now that God has told you to take a rest in it? Take the time to reflect on your motives and your heart (sometimes the two are separate when they should be one).

Letting my soul rest in Him until He raises me back to my feet.

No comments: